Photo

Photo Essay (Proto)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 charliechan

charliechan

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

Good Morning:

That was great, please keep taking pictures, they give us foamers something to drool over.

Chandler

#22 alcomech

alcomech

Mechanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

All that looks oh so familiar.

#23 plethaus

plethaus

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:48 AM

Pretty interesting to see these pictures, coming from the areas where usually the only people that see them are the people who work in the business. Cool!

#24 bktrains

bktrains

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:59 AM

Yep I know I'll be looking forward to starting work back on the Passenger train this April! Andre, you wont be doing the Springdale - Van Buren - Winslow - Van Buren - Springdale runs will you?

#25 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

"Pretty interesting to see these pictures, coming from the areas where usually the only people that see them are the people who work in the business. Cool!"

Ah, but you CAN! I'm on the head end of the Ft. Smith PASSENGER train. Simply purchase a ticket, get on board... and enjoy!

"Andre, you wont be doing the Springdale - Van Buren - Winslow - Van Buren - Springdale runs will you?"

I hope not. Uncool to travel 1.5 hrs to Springdale, put in 10-12 hrs, then drive home 1.5 hrs.

However, there will be Ft. Smith psgr charters running this season. Already something like 6-7 scheduled. I think those will be Sunday trains and I will likely be on them.

#26 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Very nice photos. I bought the Alco's on the A&M DVD from Plets Express. Some of your photos offer a different perspective from what is shown on the DVD. I can only imagine the awesome sound of those Alcos chugging up that steep grade!

Thanks,

Al

#27 bktrains

bktrains

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Mar 12 2008, 3:09 PM) View Post

"Andre, you wont be doing the Springdale - Van Buren - Winslow - Van Buren - Springdale runs will you?"

I hope not. Uncool to travel 1.5 hrs to Springdale, put in 10-12 hrs, then drive home 1.5 hrs.

However, there will be Ft. Smith psgr charters running this season. Already something like 6-7 scheduled. I think those will be Sunday trains and I will likely be on them.

Oh, alrighty then. Maybe some day I'll come down and check out the Sunday run some day.

#28 wmghobbs

wmghobbs

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:19 AM

Attached File  narrows_bridge2.jpg   84.15KB   221 downloadsAttached File  narrows_bridge2.jpg   84.15KB   221 downloadsFor fun here is an imitation of one of Andres' proto photos taken on my non-virtual route a couple of weeks ago.

Bill Hobbs

#29 nbeveridge

nbeveridge

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(charliechan @ Mar 11 2008, 1:37 PM) View Post

Good Morning:

That was great, please keep taking pictures, they give us foamers something to drool over.

Chandler

Yes, I have always liked Alcos, and the A&M is enchanting in this regard.

#30 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

Andre:

Excellent photos! What a route - er, branch that Winslow run is! Keep yer feet on that grade ...