File names for new skins
Posted 09 June 2003 - 08:20 PM
When you finish doing the skin there are some file naming that makes things easier. I use Wordpad. The same applies to wag files
1. Eng file - it is nice if you name it for what the eng is - i.e. - Say BN3718. Then name the eng,s and sd file the exact same. Don't forget to change the name line.
2. In the eng file the first line and all lines that start with wag or engine should be exactly the same. There are 4 of those. Use the search tool to find them. Redo the s file line also.
3. In the sd file - put the correct s file name.
4. The ace files - Name them BN37181.ace, BN37182, etc.
5. The s file - decompress with Route Riter ( it is very simple to do, just clixk on the Uncompress s after you highlight the s file and compress s file afterwards). Open the file and search for ace. Rename the files with the names you used in step 3. Compress the file.
6. Take a screenshot of the car or engine. Convert the screenshot to a jpg format (I use IRfan - its free and easy to use) and save it into the BN3718 folder with the same name as the eng file. This will then show up in Conbuilder with a right click.
7. For wag files, edit the name line and if one is not there add it. The format should I use is:
Name ( "Railroad Typeengine Roadnumber" )
Name ( "typecar Railroad carnumber" )
You can put the rr, type, and number in the order you want but the format must be the same.
Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:56 PM
I would love to bring some order to things and wouldn't it be great if all did it when they D/L'd new stock and engines.
Posted 15 August 2003 - 05:57 PM
Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:33 PM
Posted 12 October 2003 - 09:58 PM
Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:13 AM
Engines: - RR&Roadnumber - i.e. a NS would be NS****
Cars - I would like it if a skinner would set it up that they could be added to existing folders, each car's filename wold be unique. UPcars would be an example.
Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:53 AM
Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:06 AM
Thanks for striving to get some cooperation and system for file and folder names to be used with MSTS.