Photo

Lonnie E. Ming; 1926 -2007

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#21 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

My condolences to you as well. I lost my grandmother in Febuary. And although people here dont really know it, she was the ONLY parent figure i have really had in my life. Hang in there man.

#22 csx/nsrailfan

csx/nsrailfan

Mechanic

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(B32BWH @ May 26 2007, 4:38 AM) View Post

My condolences to you as well. I lost my grandmother in Febuary. And although people here dont really know it, she was the ONLY parent figure i have really had in my life. Hang in there man.

Grandma Died last year! and when we gon on wednesday and no footstone on her! blink.gif ohmy.gif She Died Tuesday May 23, 2006. Its been 1 year!

#23 csx/nsrailfan

csx/nsrailfan

Mechanic

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:09 AM

Sorry about your father Andre! sad.gif

#24 JLChauvin

JLChauvin

Speedy Gonzales

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

My condolences to you and your family from the other side of the Atlantic.
Jean-Louis

#25 charliechan

charliechan

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

Good Morning:

My condolences to you and your family, death is never easy.

Chandler

#26 frog3764

frog3764

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Andre. Prayers from the Philippines.

Frog
Jim

#27 cricetus

cricetus

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:34 AM

My condolences to you

Antoine

#28 Hawk

Hawk

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss Andre.
Just remember, the pain and grief are only for us still alive as I'm sure he's in a better place and feeling a lot better too. For that we should rejoice.

#29 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:19 PM

Andre, my brother! I have been away from the forum a couple of days and now find this message from you. You and your family are in my prayers. I lost my Dad in 2000. I know how empty you feel.

Just remember, love never dies, and the time between now and your rejoining will be insignificant compared to the eternity you will spend together. God bless,

#30 kcjones

kcjones

Uncivil engineer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

I was sorry to learn of your loss Andre. At times like this it is good to remember verses like John 5:28,29 and John chapter 11.

Dick C.

#31 ChiliLine

ChiliLine

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father, Andre. My prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

#32 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

Whoa!

Away for a number of days ... and this.

Grace and peace, brother.

Steve

#33 niknak

niknak

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

Please accept my condolences

#34 wmghobbs

wmghobbs

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

Andre,
Sorry to hear of your loss. This weekend we always visit my father's grave. He was born on Decoration Day, was a WWII Vet, and died just after Memorial Day, so this weekend has always been a logical time to go to the cemetery. Even afte 17 years, there is still a sense of loss.

Bill Hobbs

#35 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

Thank you all for your expressions of sympathy and show of support. It is much appreciated.

I am home now. I suspect my schedule will have to make new allowances in order to check on Mom and take care of upcoming business, as well as assume/help with upkeep at the homeplace until Mom decides what she wants to do in regards to remaining there, or relocating.

I think my worst part is over, though I know there will be times that it will hit again, as well as the sense of loss that will likely be there for a long, long time. Alas, life does move on, and my family and I will now need to adjust to our new circumstances, and continue moving forward.

Thanks again.

Andre Ming

#36 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

Andre,

I hope that your mother lives closer than mine. Mom is 1000 miles away and since dad died it takes some doing to head home to check on her and take care of things. Going to do that this Wednesday. Two hour flight.

The scriptures Dick mentioned were a real help to me when my dad died and I know, with your former vocation, that you would instinctively turn to the scriptures for soltis at times like these. Hope all goes well and you are always in our thoughts.

Paul

#37 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:54 AM

Andre, as you get a chance, please tell us about your Dad?

#38 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(laming @ May 28 2007, 9:58 AM) View Post

Thank you all for your expressions of sympathy and show of support. It is much appreciated.

I am home now. I suspect my schedule will have to make new allowances in order to check on Mom and take care of upcoming business, as well as assume/help with upkeep at the homeplace until Mom decides what she wants to do in regards to remaining there, or relocating.

I think my worst part is over, though I know there will be times that it will hit again, as well as the sense of loss that will likely be there for a long, long time. Alas, life does move on, and my family and I will now need to adjust to our new circumstances, and continue moving forward.

Thanks again.

Andre Ming

Sean and I lost our father in 1996 so we know where you are going. Some how it all comes together and we move on but the unique thing about it is the memories are always, always there and time has a funny way of healing ones soul wink.gif

#39 SSW

SSW

Milwaukee-Southwestern Railroad

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:15 PM

Andre-
Allow me to add my condolences on the death of your father.
In times like this, Psalm 46:1-3 are a comfort to me, but as mentioned before, with your previous vocation, I'm sure you've been thinking of them all.

Bradley Linda
Waco, Texas

#40 L&N Fan

L&N Fan

Track Layer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(laming @ May 24 2007, 8:35 PM) View Post

I'll miss you Dad.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you, Andre. I lost my dad on Father's Day 2002 and I still miss him every day.

Time will ease the pain, but it never fills the empty place in your heart.

Norman