Photo
- - - - -

HO scale ops

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 3522

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

Well BigZee got his hands dirty, dispatching the 3rd trick on the CIOR.
Sit back, watch the trains and listen to the dispatcher and crews talk as trains venture across the road.
It took on average 35 minutes to traverse the mainline, then another 35 to get back across. Fun time had by all.

CIOR Ops Session 5-19-07

#2 SeanK97

SeanK97

Operations Manager

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

Really cool stuff. You have to really appreciate DCC for model railroading to really be taken to the next level.

#3 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

Way awesome! A dream layout! biggrin.gif

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Great vid! At least Dan didn't put anyone in the dirt. laugh.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#5 Big Zee

Big Zee

The Small Vicuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:06 AM

Wow, just saw this post....

No, I didn't put anyone in the dirt, the operators usually do that themselves. Our 1st trick dispatcher has a tendency to throw turnouts underneath trains, but I haven't been that evil...yet. For those wanting to know which dispatcher is me in the video, I'm the second dispatcher you hear, not the first one. That would be evil Joe who likes to put Amtrak on the ground.

I'm glad to see my Broadway Limited AC6000s started that video off. I got a heck of a deal on them and couldn't be happier with them.

#6 Big Zee

Big Zee

The Small Vicuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:50 AM

It's been a while, but I've posted another video of the CIOR on YouTube. This was from this last Sunday while making sure my Proto 2000 SD50 and SD60Ms could pull around the full grain train without any problems. I should have known better. Those 4 engines, together, could have pulled 3 times what they were pulling (41 cars I think). You gotta love their brute strength!

And here is a playlist of all CIOR videos we have posted to date:

#7 3522

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

Perhaps one day we will put together a full length grain train just for the hell of it. Although the helix might play havoc with it.

I honestly think that the P2K SD50/60's could pull anything on model rails.

#8 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

Very Cool wink.gif

#9 SSW

SSW

Milwaukee-Southwestern Railroad

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(Big Zee @ Jun 4 2007, 4:47 AM) View Post

Our 1st trick dispatcher has a tendency to throw turnouts underneath trains, but I haven't been that evil...yet.

I was operating on a layout down here a few weeks back, based on ATSF's Galveston-Temple line.

My brother was getting his feet wet as a dispatcher, and threw the terminal crossover at Houston under me. Twice. Fortunately, I was just a lowly local trying to duck back into the yard, so he didn't spill any coffee in the diner tongue.gif

Lotsa laughs tongue.gif

#10 3522

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(Big Zee @ Jun 4 2007, 2:47 AM) View Post

Our 1st trick dispatcher has a tendency to throw turnouts underneath trains, but I haven't been that evil...yet.

What I don't understand, the occupancy light for the interlocking shows "OCCUPIED" and he still throws it. Thankfully once the computer interface is in, he won't have that option.