Photo

Byesville

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

Byesville is really the name of the real town. The Ohio Rail Upgrade version is significantly different than the original version. Much more vegeation and structures, Byesville (just south of Cambridge) is signifcantly bigger and more pleasant to switch in. Because Byesville is a large area the pics I'm posting are from the mainline.

This first picture is taken coming from the south and moving north to Cambridge. The tracks pass through some smaller towns and then through some farm land. I'm just reaching the end of the farm land when Byesville begins to appear.

Attached Files

#2 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:56 AM

Make sure you click on the picture to see the larger version. In this next picture we're crossing the bridge and here you can get a nice view of downtown Byesville. With Cambridge just a few miles down the road and the Byesville Yard, I felt the town of Byesville would have seen the kind of growth that makes up a smaller city.

Attached Files

#3 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

We've been looking out the right side of the engine but on the left side there's interesting things to see too. In the original Byesville the only thing there was on that lengthy dead end street was the furniture place. Now you have several industries, as well as the Byesville Yard you can barely make out, and Byesville Extension which is barely percievable through the trees.

Attached Files

#4 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

You can see the Byesville Yard lights to the left and the Byesville Extension to the right. The Byesville Extension is rather lengthy and great for viewing though you can best see the whole town from an elevated position like the picture is. At track level you get that feeling of "being there". Having driven through a number of towns like this in my travels it reminds me alot of the days when I had my '73 Buick Century 350 and drove alot.

Attached Files

#5 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

This last pic is from track level before we reach the double bridge and more farm land before the run to Cambridge. I should have this area finished today. I still have a few things to do like finish up a couple of industries and finish putting in car spawners but that shouldn't take no more than an hour to do. From here I will continue to travel southware to Derwent and the other small city south of Byesville. When those are done I will only need to redo the towns between Cambridge and Zanesville. Oh, I've been updating my website if you would like to take a look. Nothing fancy. - Rich Garber

Attached Files

#6 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

Now that looks very interesting Rich. Can't wait!!

#7 cbblackard

cbblackard

Mechanic

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:14 AM

Are we getting close? I'm really looking forward to this.

#8 cwhense

cwhense

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

Hmm makes want to get out my old disks and reinstall the last version I have for the ohio rail.

Just a question Ric is this going to be payware or freeware?

not that it matters to me, I gladly buy it.

EM/ mumbles sometihng about still needing to order the route yet.

#9 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:18 AM

Rich has said early on that it will be a payware add-on, enhancement for Ohio Rail, and worth every penny from what I can see.

#10 cwhense

cwhense

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

okay thanks, sorry if I missed that, I was working alot of OT the last 6 weeks, and just now starting to get caught up on my internet stuff, can't do much when all you do is work 12 hour plus days 7 days per week you work eat and sleep. and not much else.

I got a couple weeks of and doing it all again.

#11 Spin

Spin

Motorman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

Yep Byesville is a real town. My mom has siblings who live there. It has a "homey" feel, like the screenies "feel".

It is home to an excursion train that runs from Byesville to Derwent and back on the former PRR.