Photo

Get Downloads

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 xpdingo

xpdingo

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

I just bought a set of locomotives from 3dtrains and got a e-mail and passwords for the downloads. I was told to go to the" Locomotive & Core Downloads" thread located in the appropriate private forum. I have no idea where this is or if I have to apply to a new forum. I'm new to MSTS and I'm lost. thanks for any help, Pete blush.gif

#2 darkflyer

darkflyer

ATSF Crosstied and Certified

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:15 PM

This will be a good place to start:

http://www.3dtrains....hp?showforum=60 wink.gif

You will of course have to log in to the forum.

#3 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:56 AM

When you login to the forums you can go to the 3DTrains Products section and start here,

http://www.3dtrains....hp?showforum=87

Enjoy smile.gif

#4 salopiangrowler

salopiangrowler

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:35 AM

blink.gif huh.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif

Well blow me down, i turned everything off and i still couldnt download.

Want the Raton pass scailrail upgrade pretty please.

#5 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(salopiangrowler @ Feb 11 2007, 10:16 AM) View Post

blink.gif huh.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif

Well blow me down, i turned everything off and i still couldnt download.

Want the Raton pass scailrail upgrade pretty please.

Check your settings because I just went and downloaded it to see if there was a problem and it downloaded like a rocket wink.gif

#6 black hills

black hills

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:42 PM

Hey, awhile back I was trying to download MSTS stuff from various sites and having no luck... then I discovered that the "download accelerator" that came with my DSL service was to blame! My suggestion is turn it off or get rid of it. As soon as I unistalled mine all my downloads went perfect. If this is not the problem just send a quick note to Marc and he's always willing to help out.

#7 salopiangrowler

salopiangrowler

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

my settings are fine i even turn the firewall off completely and the popup blocker was turned off hell 2 viruses got in whilst i was trying, they must have been waiting for me to open the door for them. its the last straw for me dowloading anything off this site i aint re-installing windows again not after last time.

#8 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:35 AM

Did you set your firewall software to allow www.3dtrains.com to the list of allowable sites? Are you using the MSN or AOL browsers?

Cheers!
Marc

#9 salopiangrowler

salopiangrowler

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Feb 12 2007, 11:16 PM) View Post

Did you set your firewall software to allow www.3dtrains.com to the list of allowable sites? Are you using the MSN or AOL browsers?

Cheers!
Marc

Firefox latest version
Yahoo toolbar
All sites allowed

So i dont see the problem

#10 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:46 AM

I see by your profile that you bought one of the Scenery Expansions - how did that download go, and if OK, what changed since? FWIW, all downloads, both the forum and the main site, access and use the same download script, which I haven't changed in 5 years. The only issues I've run accross are the firewall config mentioned, as well as the problems with AOL and MSN browsers. I have MSIE, Netscape, Opera, and Firefox installed, and all appear to work without a hitch. Just ensure that you're left-clicking the link and not right-clicking - the latter which will take you to the main site, or equally annoying, download an empty HTML file.

Cheers!
Marc

#11 salopiangrowler

salopiangrowler

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:49 AM

it was emailed to me, after i had similar problems and was fighting with the browser.

#12 burgerbern

burgerbern

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(salopiangrowler @ Feb 13 2007, 1:20 PM) View Post

Firefox latest version
Yahoo toolbar
All sites allowed

So i dont see the problem

thats basically my setup but i do not have the Yahoo toolbar but do have Download accelerator (Paid version) and Zonealarm Paid version and have no probs

#13 salopiangrowler

salopiangrowler

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:20 AM

right, thats it ive had it, i give up.

Unless somethings on CD from this site i aint getting anything.

i would like to add that 3DTrains is the only site im having problems with with the whole cookie showdown when i got the SE pack for TP2 a few months back.

The other sites i use happily let me download. I dont know what the problem is but as far as i can see, im no whiz kid with computers but ive had them long enough to know what i want to know, its a problem in between my computer and your server.

ISP: Pipex
PC:

Pentium3
DDR 400 @ 256mb
2 hard drives 1 at 120Gb Western digital with Pipex ISP pumping at around 8.1mbps and mine, a pokey 80Gb oldie forgot the name of it with the same Pipex ISP only giving 345kbps

Both on Paid versions of Zonealarm
Windows XPsp2 build 2600

so as you can see there is something wrong my end but nothing to do with tthe fact i cannot download off this site when everyone else i can. on a rare occasion i get over 1mbps but still its got nothing to do with the above problem im getting with this site.

#14 robertp150

robertp150

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

I am having the same problem....Where can I find Pacific Sunliner express to download...I have already purchased this product and followed the email intructions but I can't fine the product.

#15 SeanK97

SeanK97

Operations Manager

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(robertp150 @ Jul 2 2007, 3:43 PM) View Post

I am having the same problem....Where can I find Pacific Sunliner express to download...I have already purchased this product and followed the email intructions but I can't fine the product.

Welcome aboard Robert! You will receive an email from Marc Nelson (the proprieter of the website) after he gets a confirmation of your order. At that time you will have your forum access change to allow access to the files you have paid for. smile.gif

At the time of my reply you still do not have access so hang in there a bit longer and Marc will get you taken care of. wink.gif

#16 robertp150

robertp150

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

Thank you for the reply......I will be patient

#17 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:48 PM

With the advent of high speed internet, there is no need to any DL accelerators. They can cause more problems than they are worth. I haven't used one in years.

#18 SeanK97

SeanK97

Operations Manager

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(robertp150 @ Jul 2 2007, 6:56 PM) View Post

Thank you for the reply......I will be patient

I see you have forum access, have you downloaded and installed yet? What do you think so far??? wink.gif