Photo

F-Units on full light reflects red on landscape

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jail

Jail

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:38 PM

Is this something that can be edited ? It goes for all my bought F-Units from 3DTrains
In cabview when I use dim lights its ok. Bright as normal reflections on the landscape, but if I switch to Full all lights that is reflected is red ???
Could this be BIN related ?

P.S. I did a search but didn't find a solution

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Jail @ Jan 2 2007, 11:19 AM) View Post
Could this be BIN related ?

I'm afraid so.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 clawsonsa

clawsonsa

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 2 2007, 12:15 PM) View Post

I'm afraid so.

Cheers!
Marc

Hi Marc,

Any thoughts on how to correct the problem?

Scott

#4 Huecuvoe

Huecuvoe

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(clawsonsa @ Jan 4 2007, 4:54 PM) View Post

Any thoughts on how to correct the problem?

After carefully making a backup for the day when this hiccup is fixed in MSTSBin ...

1. Remove the Penalty Sphere of Light AND the Penalty Light in the ENG file.

2. Reduce the total number of lights by 2.

3. Although not absolutely necessary, I also removed the "Penalty" condition from all lights as it was not being used.

Since I have never had a unintentional "Penalty", this was not a big sacrifice.

#5 GaryG

GaryG

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

It still appears to be a problem with MSTSbin 1.7.010302highmem.exe...

The Red lighting reflection appears even with the lights off.

For all the other improvements given to us by MSTSbin, I can put up with this minor glitch that appears to be affecting simulated MARS lights, other headlights appear ok.

GaryG

#6 boubou

boubou

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:53 AM

Hi,
I have the bin version 1.6.122319 and I have the same problem with the light. I think I gonna wait for the next version that I hope the problem wil be fixed.

Boubou
Canada.

#7 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:04 AM

I'll send George a copy of one of the ENG files and see what he finds.

Cheers!
Marc

#8 mdeming

mdeming

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

I removed just the penalty light, and it went away. Without opening the eng file I believe it was the mars light that I removed. I changed the same parameter to white light but that had no effect at all, but when I removed it it solved it.

#9 boubou

boubou

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:02 AM

HI,
maybe this is a dumb question but what do you mean by penalty light and where do you find it?

Thanks you very much

Boubou
Canada

#10 mdeming

mdeming

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(boubou @ Jan 6 2007, 6:43 AM) View Post

HI,
maybe this is a dumb question but what do you mean by penalty light and where do you find it?

Thanks you very much

Boubou
Canada

Open up the units .eng file with word pad and you will find it in the light section

#11 akajim

akajim

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(mdeming @ Jan 6 2007, 9:31 AM) View Post

Open up the units .eng file with word pad and you will find it in the light section

I wanted to see if this worked, and it did. By placing the # ahead of that stream, it is then ignored; no other editing needed.

#Light (
comment( Sphere of Mars Light Penalty )
Type ( 1 )
Conditions (
Headlight ( 3 )
Unit ( 2 )
cool.gif Ron K of Rockford

P.S. I do notice though, that the red warning light is gone when in emergency !!

#12 GaryG

GaryG

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(akajim @ Jan 6 2007, 7:44 AM) View Post

I wanted to see if this worked, and it did. By placing the # ahead of that stream, it is then ignored; no other editing needed.

#Light (
comment( Sphere of Mars Light Penalty )
Type ( 1 )
Conditions (
Headlight ( 3 )
Unit ( 2 )

P.S. I do notice though, that the red warning light is gone when in emergency !!

Hi

You're probably really confoozing things the way you did the "commenting".

As I see your change, you've commented out the single "Light" line only. To do it correctly, you with the "#", you need one in front of each line of the entire "Light" section for that light. Also, just as important, you need to adjust the number of "Lights" at the start of the lighting section.

You've probably "fixed" the Red by messing up the lighting rather than actually finding a real work-around.

GaryG

#13 boubou

boubou

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

thanks you very much for your explanation. But probably I will wait for the next update of the bin.

Boubou
Canada

#14 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(GaryG @ Jan 6 2007, 9:58 AM) View Post
You're probably really confoozing things the way you did the "commenting".

I haven't tried it myself, but isn't the "#" character valid until the closing ")" bracket at the end of the light parameter?

Cheers!
Marc

#15 akajim

akajim

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

Like I said, I was experimenting here based on what the problem was (red light reflection on landscape). The reflection is gone, and the gyra (mars) lite works perfectly; just not red warning when in emergency. What more can I say, if it don't sound right; then so be it; just don't do it! I just wanted to share what I tryed.

P.S. This experiment was with the D&RGW F9A 5771 running on Whitefish4 with Kosmos "badlands" environment at approximately mid-day. Further testing running the same on FBL SR with same environment but at dusk, a simultaneous flashing occured in the cab with the rotation of the mars-light; so we can put this one to sleep!!!

#16 akajim

akajim

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

Okay then, by removing that one whole light section down to the next, and reducing no. of lights by 1; I am still getting the flashing in the cab. Back to original eng.file again with red reflection, I am still noticing the flashing in the cab, but now it is red. I am running the Bin Patch1.6.122319XP. So is anyone else noticing this, or is it just me?

wacko.gif Ron K of Rockford

#17 Huecuvoe

Huecuvoe

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 6 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post

I haven't tried it myself, but isn't the "#" character valid until the closing ")" bracket at the end of the light parameter?

I can promise that I don't know, but I always thought the "#" simply commented out the remainder of the line.

#18 akajim

akajim

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Okay guys! For further comparison testing, I tryed some of Gaetan's ATSF F-units with the "Mars Light"; same route and conditions; and all is fine. No red reflections and no flashing in the cab. Also notice that his eng.file does not have the penalty light section. This is a comparison only, not "Touting" either product as I have and enjoy both immensely!

rolleyes.gif cool.gif Ron K of Rockford

#19 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Still sticking with 1.6.09 until this gets resolved. wink.gif

#20 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(Huecuvoe @ Jan 6 2007, 2:41 PM) View Post

I can promise that I don't know, but I always thought the "#" simply commented out the remainder of the line.

Maybe it's not necessary, but I've always used the octograph ( ohmy.gif Big Word!) on each line I wanted to "silence."
Usually what I do, if i want to turn off a light but retain the instruction for later use, is to put "comment(" in front of or on the line above the area I wanted to disable, and then close the parentheses on the line below (NOT the same line) the last line I want to cancel. I find that almost as reliable as deleting. This also works to disable dynamic brakes or a passenger view.
QUOTE(atsf37l @ Jan 8 2007, 12:03 AM) View Post

Still sticking with 1.6.09 until this gets resolved. wink.gif

Me too!