Photo

??? RE Holiday Special

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 CurlSnout

CurlSnout

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:17 PM

Greetings from Planet 10,

The advert associated with the F-Unit locomotives "Holiday Special" indicates, "Buy any F-Unit set and receive a second 3DTrains trainset of your choice absolutely free!"

I have two questions:

1) Are the passenger trainsets eligible choices? In other words, can one purchase one of the F-Unit sets and choose a passenger set (absolutely free)?

2) Is there a limit to how many times one can participate? I purchased an F-Unit set last week and received a second one for FREE! My first-ever payware purchase for the train sim; I feared that it might be the start of a slide down a slippery slope and I was right. I've had my eyes on ALL of the 3DTrains sets for a long time; this kind of offer makes them impossible to resist.

Regardless of the answers to the above questions, many THANKS for the generous offer. I'm enjoying very much to two new F-Unit sets I (finally) have.

Hi-Ho,

CS

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:36 AM

1) Are the passenger trainsets eligible choices? In other words, can one purchase one of the F-Unit sets and choose a passenger set (absolutely free)?

Yep. smile.gif

2) Is there a limit to how many times one can participate?

Nope. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#3 akajim

akajim

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:03 PM

Yep. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

2) Is there a limit to how many times one can participate?

Nope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cheers!
Marc
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marc;
I had asked you about this on Dec. 1st when you announced the 2 fer sale, and had stated that I had just purchased the CZ Passenger set; and would I be eligible for a free F-unit set. You informed me that the passenger sets were not included in the 2 fer. Has your policy changed on this since then ?

Cordially:
cool.gif Ron K of Rockford

#4 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

At the time, I had intended it as an F-Unit for an F-Unit, but thought it easier to cover it all.

Cheers!
Marc

#5 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:20 PM

Now that I re-read your post, Ron, I see you have things mixed up (looks like it's contagious on my end too). I stand by my original statement to your PM - the CZ and SC sets are not elligible for a freebie. They can however, be added as freebies to a purchased v4 F-Unit or senery pack + v4 F set.

Cheers!
Marc

#6 wovik

wovik

Mechanic

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

Marc,
On your Holiday Special No. 3 see if I understand it correctly.

1) I need to buy an F-unit or E- unit, or etc. and a Scenery pack

2) I would then get both a trainset (of my choice) plus the other scenery pack free

3) Do I also get a second free trainset of my choice?

It appears to say that you get a third trainset free ( 1 purchased plus 2 freebies) but it says you can save up to $35. If you get 2 free trainsets and 1 free scenery pack that could be a savings of up to $50 if I am adding correctly. That is why I am confused on that part.

Please clarify this for me.

Jack

#7 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

What i am seeing is. One F-Unit pack, and one freebie F-Unit pack.

One scenery, with the other as a freebie.

Now the third one is where it might confuse some. It says that if you buy an F-Unit, Geep, or E-Unit pack AND a Scenery pack (as in, on your own dollar), the freebies are, you get the second scenery pack as a freebie, and you have a choice of 2 F-Unit packs.

Marc, if i have that wrong, please correct me.

#8 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:47 PM

1) One F-Unit = one free trainset (F-Unit, Geep, Passenger)
2) One scenery pack = one scenery pack free
3) One scenery pack + one F-Unit = one scenery pack + three trainsets free

Ends soon. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#9 wovik

wovik

Mechanic

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:00 PM

That's even better than I thought!
As I need 7 more of your trainsets I will be submitting orders soon.

Jack