Photo

WM Lines?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 bandit426

bandit426

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:55 AM

Marc,
You've definately got a customer when you get the CSX Mountain Sub up and running, but what about West Virginia's other two railroads? How bout a C&O and WM line. I'd love to be able to use my new F-Unit super pack to lug a coal train from Elkins to Cumberland via the WM's Blackwater Grade. For the C&O, you could do a New River/Allegheny, VA route. Just some ideas.

Keep Up the faboulus work!!!
Matt Butcher

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:52 PM

I would love to do the WM, but no time to do the route justice in MSTS. Perhaps we'll create the route for KRS, most likely running from Cumberland to Elkins and Durbin (skirting the B&O between Cumberland and Bloomington), and maybe even adding the section between Cumberland and Hagerstown. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#3 Pennsyduplex

Pennsyduplex

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

That sounds like a good route choice especially with all the small towns and remote locations. The line from Elkins to Durbin sounds great as the real rail bed is now a biking path. Part of the old C&O from Durbin to Cass is a tourist railroad that operates a little steam locomotive.

The track these hoppers are on is the track leading to Elkins
IPB Image

Now this view is on the line from Durbin to Cass, we are facing towards Cass at about 5.5 miles from Durbin.
IPB Image