Photo

SLW Website Updated

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

Well after a few years of not much activity we have been working to update the website and other portions of SLW it self. We have added a few new members and quite a few new models. The route is going well, but there is still no release time table. However there should be some new items in the roundhouse for your pleasure in the up coming weeks.

For you UP employees out there, remember "All accidents are 100% avoidable", "100% rules compliance", "take the safe course" and make sure your job insurance is paid in full.
To all railroad employees be safe, take care of your brothers and high ball..!

#2 ssw_96

ssw_96

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:44 AM

Hear Hear! Nice to hear from you Erik. I can vouch on that last part. Im enjoying (or not enjoying) my 30 day vacation at this time. And now with the new discipline they have, gonna have to talk that tight line for a year or two.

#3 forum1

forum1

UP's slave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:51 PM

You're a funny guy Erik!

#4 Paul112554

Paul112554

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:20 AM

For you UP employees out there, remember "All accidents are 100% avoidable", "100% rules compliance", "take the safe course" and make sure your job insurance is paid in full.
To all railroad employees be safe, take care of your brothers and high ball..!
[/quote]

One night in 1974 (during my first month of railroading), while working the midnight
shift, a yard brakeman (a 20+ year man) was working in the class yard with one of the
east-end pullers hooking up a track.

A few tracks over, the shop buck was pulling cars from the bad order tarck for spotting
on the east shop lead tracks. One of the cars (bad ordered for a thin flange) picked a
switch, causing several cars to spill over several tracks. ohmy.gif

The brakeman working a few tracks over did not go home that morning. So much for
"100% avoidable"... dry.gif

Paul L.

(Penn Central, Conrail, CSX)

#5 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Ole thread alert.... laugh.gif

#6 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:44 AM

True Sebastian, but an interesting observation by Paul. Sometimes it is just "your time" and that is unavoidable.

#7 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:45 AM

I was actually being facetious when I wrote all those UP quotes. Every UP employee knows that nothing is preventable, except the managements yelling when we leave the terminal.